Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default INSERT COMMENTS INTO PROTECTED SHEET

I have finally finished a large database and have now discovered that I
cannot insert comments into 4 of the columns because of the protection. I
have tried locking and unlocking etc but am presumably doing something wrong.
It is essential for the use of the spreadsheet that I (and other authorised
users) can insert comments into these 4 columns. It is not necessary for
insertion of comments into the other columns. Can anyone tell me what I can
do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

The columns has to be unprotected, to allow users to enter comments.

User can unprotect the sheet manually, or you can create a macro, that will
unprotect the desired columns when the workbook is opened by authorised
users, otherwise leave them protected.

Hopes it helps.

Best regards,
Per

"Chris" skrev i meddelelsen
I have finally finished a large database and have now discovered that I
cannot insert comments into 4 of the columns because of the protection. I
have tried locking and unlocking etc but am presumably doing something
wrong.
It is essential for the use of the spreadsheet that I (and other
authorised
users) can insert comments into these 4 columns. It is not necessary for
insertion of comments into the other columns. Can anyone tell me what I
can
do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can protect the worksheet and allow the users to edit objects.

If you're using xl2002+, there's a checkbox at the bottom of the list.

In xl2k and before, it's one of those 3 (IIRC) buttons on the worksheet
protection dialog.

This will allow users to edit all objects on the sheet, too.

--

Dave Peterson