Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default condtional format - hightlight max results

Have 3 columns, L M N which display percentage results based on values
entered in other columns (cells in columns contain count formulas)
In these columns I want the max result to highlight in different color

I tried
cell value is - equal to - =max(L4:L20)
but does nothing

I tried
formula is =L4=max(L4:L20)
changes everything to red except for the lowest value

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

maybe...

equal to:
=max($l$4:$l$20)

or
formula is:
=L4=max($L$4:$L$20)
(with L4 the active cell)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried
formula is =L4=max(L4:L20)
changes everything to red except for the lowest value

Use the above but change the formula to:

=L4=max($L$4:$L$20)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nadine" wrote in message
Have 3 columns, L M N which display percentage results based on values
entered in other columns (cells in columns contain count formulas)
In these columns I want the max result to highlight in different color

I tried
cell value is - equal to - =max(L4:L20)
but does nothing

I tried
formula is =L4=max(L4:L20)
changes everything to red except for the lowest value

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

neither worked.

first one, changed nothing

second one, only changed L4 to red and that one wasn't the max number

"Nadine" wrote in message
Have 3 columns, L M N which display percentage results based on values
entered in other columns (cells in columns contain count formulas)
In these columns I want the max result to highlight in different color

I tried
cell value is - equal to - =max(L4:L20)
but does nothing

I tried
formula is =L4=max(L4:L20)
changes everything to red except for the lowest value

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have all the $ signs in the correct place?

You want a fixed range but a relative cell............L4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP