-   -   condtional format - hightlight max results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/194292-condtional-format-hightlight-max-results.html)

nadine

condtional format - hightlight max results

Have 3 columns, L M N which display percentage results based on values
entered in other columns (cells in columns contain count formulas)
In these columns I want the max result to highlight in different color

I tried
cell value is - equal to - =max(L4:L20)
but does nothing

I tried
formula is =L4=max(L4:L20)
changes everything to red except for the lowest value

Dave Peterson

condtional format - hightlight max results

maybe...

equal to:
=max($l$4:$l$20)

or
formula is:
=L4=max($L$4:$L$20)
(with L4 the active cell)

--

Dave Peterson

T. Valko

condtional format - hightlight max results

I tried
formula is =L4=max(L4:L20)
changes everything to red except for the lowest value

Use the above but change the formula to:

=L4=max($L$4:$L$20)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nadine" wrote in message
Have 3 columns, L M N which display percentage results based on values
entered in other columns (cells in columns contain count formulas)
In these columns I want the max result to highlight in different color

I tried
cell value is - equal to - =max(L4:L20)
but does nothing

I tried
formula is =L4=max(L4:L20)
changes everything to red except for the lowest value

nadine

condtional format - hightlight max results

neither worked.

first one, changed nothing

second one, only changed L4 to red and that one wasn't the max number

"Nadine" wrote in message
Have 3 columns, L M N which display percentage results based on values
entered in other columns (cells in columns contain count formulas)
In these columns I want the max result to highlight in different color

I tried
cell value is - equal to - =max(L4:L20)
but does nothing

I tried
formula is =L4=max(L4:L20)
changes everything to red except for the lowest value

Gord Dibben

condtional format - hightlight max results

Do you have all the $ signs in the correct place?

You want a fixed range but a relative cell............L4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP