QuiteGood001

Default excel auto fill needs to be have default action (series,copy...) .

excel auto fill needs to be have default action (copy cells, fill series,
etc) set in cell properties. That way a column of data that is never to be a
series can be drug with default COPY where a column of data that does require
series can be drug with default series. There can be groups of cells instead
of entire columns that this applies to, so setting it as a cell property is
the best implementation.
Jim Rech

And don't forget dragging with the right mouse button.

--
Jim
"QuiteGood001" wrote in message
| excel auto fill needs to be have default action (copy cells, fill series,
| etc) set in cell properties. That way a column of data that is never to
be a
| series can be drug with default COPY where a column of data that does
require
| series can be drug with default series. There can be groups of cells
instead
| of entire columns that this applies to, so setting it as a cell property
is
| the best implementation.

Jeffry

I agree it is needed. Somehow, my default got changed so that I had to use
the control button instead of just dragging, and vice versa. I can find no
place to change it back. And just today, the only option not grayed out is
copy, and I can no longer do series regardless of keys, menus, etc. A
reinstall with Excel XP does not help. 2 PCs work this way.