Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Large file sizes due to images ...

I have recently joined an organisation that likes to use Excel as a page
layout application (joy). They have been copy/pasting images into Excel -
hence the large file sizes - I have tried 'Compress Images' option (making
sure that I am applying to all images), and have also tried 'File', 'Save
As', 'Options' & 'Compress Images' and also turned off any version tracking
to try and reduce size.

This works in 50% of cases, but there is a whole bunch of them that refuse
to reduce in size and when re-opening the document, still report high
resolution images.

Why is this? Any ideas/Experiences?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, images were grouped with other objects and therefor Excel would not
compress using conventional fixes.

Resolution was to shade entire sheet, right click, ungroup all items, save
as, compress images, web.

Hope this helps anyone in future.

"Rob L" wrote:

Dont know why it doesn't work for you, but if you use a program like
Paintshop Pro, and resize your images smaller (I take them down to 160x160
pixels for ID Card Photos, then you can get the picture size down to about
20kb

Rob

"CoolGreenChilli" wrote in
message ...