Paul Schaeffer

Default How Do I minimize .XLS file sizes from 7M+?

I work frequently with Excel (Office 2003). I often send and receive
spreadsheets/workbooks vie e-mail. I regularly receive VERY large
spreadsheets (7M+) from people I support. None of my spreadsheets exceed
300K in size. I believe theirs should not either. When I perform <Ctrl
<End, I go to Cell "IV 3254" or higher when actual usage is AH633 or
less(The rest of the spreadsheet is blank). I have attempted to minimize
usage size with no success. How do I minimize the size of the large .XLS
spreadsheets without loss of data and why does the software want to reserve 7
megabytes of work space?
Respectfully, Paul Schaeffer