Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grouping & Outline

I have been using Excel 2003 for a while on a desktop. Have a new Laptop now
and cannot find the Grouping Tab. Finally found it under Draw toolbar, but it
is disabled. How do I enable it. Also earlier could get the grouping tab by
right clicking the selected rows / columns. This is not available. What can
be done.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Think you're mistaken. The menu for your subject line is at the top:
Select the rows/cols, then click Data Group and Outline Group/Ungroup
(There's also no right-click menu available for the above, from my obs here
in xl03)

As for the Draw toolbar "Group", that's for grouping/ungrouping objects, a
different thing altogether. Once you select 2 objects drawn on the sheet, say
2 rectangles, when you click the Draw dropdown, the "Group" option will then
be enabled.
--
Max
Singapore
"havovie" wrote:
I have been using Excel 2003 for a while on a desktop. Have a new Laptop now
and cannot find the Grouping Tab. Finally found it under Draw toolbar, but it
is disabled. How do I enable it.
Also earlier could get the grouping tab by right clicking
the selected rows / columns. This is not available. What can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Keyboard Shortcuts:

Select rows or columns, then:

<Shift <Alt <RightArrow To Group
<Shift <Alt <LeftArrow To Ungroup

<Ctrl <8 To Toggle View of Outline Symbols - Off / On
*Do Not* use the #8 key from the Num keypad.

--

HTH,

RD