Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cloning sheets

So here is my delima: I'm doing part inspection for a manufacturing company,
and the old way they do things is very slow (lots of copy and paste). What
I'm trying to do is make a copy of a chart for each piece I have to inspect.
The sheet has to be the same all the way through except for the new set of
measured numbers.

To electorate: say I have 12 pieces manufactured. I, by company policy must
inspect 3 pieces. If there are 100 pieces made I must go over 15 of them. I
need a new chart for each one (I have the chart made). The old way to do it
was to copy the chart and paste it below the sheet as many times as I needed,
then filled in the corresponding blanks for each part.

Is there a way I could say "Parts needed to inspect: 3" in a cell or two,
and then have Excel make the respective number of charts below? If this is
at all possible and anyone can help, that would be great.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand this, I'd try to make something like this:

In a separate sheet (or set of sheets) I'd enter the measureds for each
part.

In the chart sheet, I'd set up a listboe or a dropdown box where the desired
part is selscted. On selection, these measured data populates the charts'
source area and the chart(s) update. Whether this is done by formulas or VBA
code would depend on how much a new selection needs to change things. If
chart types are static and amount of data pretty much the same, I'd go for a
clean formula solution.

HTH. Best wishes Harald