Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I extract time only in Excel?

How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

A1 = 6/25/2008 12:05 AM

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as TIME

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grant" wrote in message
How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I typed a date in cell A1, then typed =MOD(A1,1) in cell B1. Excel returns an
error stating "The formula you typed contains an error." I even used an
example from Excel Help, =MOD(3, 2) and Excel returns the same error. Am I
doing something wrong?

-Grant

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way:

A1 = 6/25/2008 12:05 AM

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as TIME

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grant" wrote in message
How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Then you didn't type it in properly. =Mod(a1,1) is a valid Excel formula.

Regards,
Fred.

"grant" wrote in message
I typed a date in cell A1, then typed =MOD(A1,1) in cell B1. Excel returns
an
error stating "The formula you typed contains an error." I even used an
example from Excel Help, =MOD(3, 2) and Excel returns the same error. Am I
doing something wrong?

-Grant

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way:

A1 = 6/25/2008 12:05 AM

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as TIME

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grant" wrote in message
How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have a continental Excel?

=MOD(A1;1)

--
HTH

Bob

"grant" wrote in message
I typed a date in cell A1, then typed =MOD(A1,1) in cell B1. Excel returns
an
error stating "The formula you typed contains an error." I even used an
example from Excel Help, =MOD(3, 2) and Excel returns the same error. Am I
doing something wrong?

-Grant

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way:

A1 = 6/25/2008 12:05 AM

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as TIME

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grant" wrote in message
How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way:

=A1 - INT(A1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 25, 5:19*am, grant wrote:
I typed a date in cell A1, then typed =MOD(A1,1) in cell B1. Excel returns an
error stating "The formula you typed contains an error." I even used an
example from Excel Help, =MOD(3, 2) and Excel returns the same error. Am I
doing something wrong?

-Grant

"T. Valko" wrote:
One way:

A1 = 6/25/2008 12:05 AM

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as TIME

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grant" wrote in message
How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the list separator in your Windows Regional Options is a semi-colon,
rather than a comma, then you'll need to use a semi-colon, rather than a
comma, to separate parameters in your Excel formulae.
--
David Biddulph

"grant" wrote in message
I typed a date in cell A1, then typed =MOD(A1,1) in cell B1. Excel returns
an
error stating "The formula you typed contains an error." I even used an
example from Excel Help, =MOD(3, 2) and Excel returns the same error. Am I
doing something wrong?

-Grant

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way:

A1 = 6/25/2008 12:05 AM

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as TIME

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grant" wrote in message
How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fred, what is a continental Excel? (Do you mean US purchased? If so, yes.)

Thanks,
Grant

"grant" wrote in message
I typed a date in cell A1, then typed =MOD(A1,1) in cell B1. Excel returns
an
error stating "The formula you typed contains an error." I even used an
example from Excel Help, =MOD(3, 2) and Excel returns the same error. Am I
doing something wrong?

-Grant

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way:

A1 = 6/25/2008 12:05 AM

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as TIME

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grant" wrote in message
How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It wasn't me who talked about continental Excel, but, regardless, it's a
non-English version of Excel. Many of these versions use a semi-colon as a
separator rather than a comma. If you have the US version, you don't have
continental Excel.

Regards,
Fred.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Do you have a continental Excel?

=MOD(A1;1)

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"grant" wrote in message
I typed a date in cell A1, then typed =MOD(A1,1) in cell B1. Excel
returns
an
error stating "The formula you typed contains an error." I even used an
example from Excel Help, =MOD(3, 2) and Excel returns the same error.
Am I
doing something wrong?

-Grant

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way:

A1 = 6/25/2008 12:05 AM

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as TIME

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grant" wrote in message
How do I extract time only from a date/time cell in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you'll find that it's not a question of where you bought your Excel,
but what you have set as your list separator in Windows Regional Options.
--
David Biddulph

"grant" wrote in message
I typed a date in cell A1, then typed =MOD(A1,1) in cell B1. Excel
returns
an
error stating "The formula you typed contains an error." I even used
an
example from Excel Help, =MOD(3, 2) and Excel returns the same error.
Am I
doing something wrong?

-Grant

"T. Valko" wrote: