Junior Member

Default Macro for copy to list

Hi everyone

I want to copy a new entry (Name of candidate) in a list to the same location (e.g. a1,a2... in Sheet1) in another sheet and another list (e.g. a1,a2... in Sheet2. However I need this to be automated (I assume a macro is needed). only the information in column A should be copied as the other entries in the list are different.

I have used a list so that data can be filtered and totaled on the filtered amounts etc.

Have any of you got any ideas?

Thank you

Garry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The code below should do the trick for you. It is worksheet event code, so
to get it into the proper place, choose the sheet (Sheet1) where you will be
entering the new names and right-click on the name tab and choose [View Code]
from the option list that appears. Copy the code below and paste it into the
module presented to you and then you can close the VB Editor. After that,
anything you type into a cell in column A of Sheet1 will be copied over into
the same cell in Sheet2.

If Target.Column = 1 Then
'change took place in column A
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range(Target.Address) = Target

--
Garrystone