Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Curalice

Default Copy # fm one list to matching id in list 2?

List A has ID# name etc and phone number
List 2 has ID# name etc but no phone number
How can I copy the phone numbers to new column matching IDs in List B?

Thanks

--
Curalice
Curalice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28600

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert Stewart

- Use the VLOOKUP to create a new list.
- Then select the new list and copy.
- Paste special at the beginning of the new list and choose values only.
This will remove the VLOOKUP formula and allow you to delete the old data,
leaving you with a new combined listing.

"Curalice" wrote in
message ...

List A has ID# name etc and phone number
List 2 has ID# name etc but no phone number
How can I copy the phone numbers to new column matching IDs in List B?

Thanks

--
Curalice
Curalice's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510865

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Curalice

Will that work if List a has one subset of ID#s and List B has another
set of Id#s. Only some are the same on both lists.
???

--
Curalice
Curalice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28600
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510865

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert Stewart

If I am understanding you correctly, it should work. I just setup the
scenerio using Excel 2000 and it seems to work fine. Again, I hope that I
understand you correctly.

"Curalice" wrote in
message ...