retired teacher

Default Outlook files missing

I bought a used laptop with XP Pro OS. When I installed XP Office everything
works except Outlook. I get an Unknown error 0x9ac40107 error and then I get
a message that says it can open the personal files and to try later.
Apparently thtle former user must has deleted some system file. I don't have
a system disk so I don't know what to do. I've uninstalled & reinstalled &
tried to just to repair Outlook and it still does not work. Any suggestions?
The Outlook Shortcuts is blank.