Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Status...

Appreciate some advise on the following condition:-

I have a date input into cell T8.

In cell Z8, I wish to input a formula which with use the date in T8,and add
21 days to that date and if the returned date is:-

1. less than or equal to 21 days, provide a status of "Under Review".
2. more than 21 days, provide a status of "Outstanding".

Can anyone provide some guidance?

TQ. Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand you correctly

=if(today()<=t8+21,"Under Review","Outstanding")
--
Wag more, bark less

"Steve HKG" wrote:

Appreciate some advise on the following condition:-

I have a date input into cell T8.

In cell Z8, I wish to input a formula which with use the date in T8,and add
21 days to that date and if the returned date is:-

1. less than or equal to 21 days, provide a status of "Under Review".
2. more than 21 days, provide a status of "Outstanding".

Can anyone provide some guidance?

TQ. Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to add 21 days to a date in T8, the formula is =T8+21.
I'm then confused with what you are looking for in your comparison, because
if T8 is a positive date, the answer will always be more than 21 days.
--
David Biddulph

"Steve HKG" wrote in message
Appreciate some advise on the following condition:-

I have a date input into cell T8.

In cell Z8, I wish to input a formula which with use the date in T8,and
add
21 days to that date and if the returned date is:-

1. less than or equal to 21 days, provide a status of "Under Review".
2. more than 21 days, provide a status of "Outstanding".

Can anyone provide some guidance?

TQ. Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brad,

Yes, you have understood my request, and the formula works. TQ.

However, a couple of other things.

1. When there is no date in the cell T8, the formula in Z8 indicates as
outstanding... when infact cell Z8 should remain blank.

2. Another condition required. In cell AA8 is a doument status. If this cell
contains an input, namely SONO or NOWC, then cell Z8 is required to indicate
'Replied'.

I have tried to revise the formula you gave me with multiple IF statements,
nested... but just can not seem to get it to work properly.

Thanks in advance.

"Steve HKG" wrote:

Appreciate some advise on the following condition:-

I have a date input into cell T8.

In cell Z8, I wish to input a formula which with use the date in T8,and add
21 days to that date and if the returned date is:-

1. less than or equal to 21 days, provide a status of "Under Review".
2. more than 21 days, provide a status of "Outstanding".

Can anyone provide some guidance?

TQ. Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Item 1

=if(isblank(t8,"",if(today()<=t8+21,"Under Review","Outstanding"))

if I understand you correctly

Item 2

if(or(upper(aa8)="SONO",upper(aa8)="NOWC"),"Replie d",if(isblank(t8,"",if(today()<=t8+21,"Under Review","Outstanding")))
--
Wag more, bark less

"Steve HKG" wrote:

Appreciate some advise on the following condition:-

I have a date input into cell T8.

In cell Z8, I wish to input a formula which with use the date in T8,and add
21 days to that date and if the returned date is:-

1. less than or equal to 21 days, provide a status of "Under Review".
2. more than 21 days, provide a status of "Outstanding".

Can anyone provide some guidance?

TQ. Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brad,

Many thanks. However at the isblank condition t8,"",if... it seems to fail
in both formulas.

Doesnt seem to recogise the ,"", condition as a value.

I have played with it, by deleting it and checking my inputs, but still
provides an error.

Appreciate i you can troubleshoot.

Regards,
Steve

"Steve HKG" wrote:

Appreciate some advise on the following condition:-

I have a date input into cell T8.

In cell Z8, I wish to input a formula which with use the date in T8,and add
21 days to that date and if the returned date is:-

1. less than or equal to 21 days, provide a status of "Under Review".
2. more than 21 days, provide a status of "Outstanding".

Can anyone provide some guidance?

TQ. Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(isblank(t8),"",if(today()<=t8+21,"Under Review","Outstanding"))

if(or(upper(aa8)="SONO",upper(aa8)="NOWC"),"Replie d",if(isblank(t8),"",if(today()<=t8+21,"Under Review","Outstanding")))

somehow the ")" after the t8 was deleted -

Glad to help

--
Wag more, bark less