gman100

Default What is EN on status bar?

Using Excel 2000, keyboard shortcuts no longer work. I notice an "EN" on the
status bar, so I'm assuming it's related to that. Can anyone assist?
Dave Peterson

Could that really be END?

If it is, then that's the indicator that you hit the END key on the keyboard.

It's useful when you want to go up/down/right/left until the next break in the
data.

I if have data in A1:A25322 with A12 selected, I can hit End|Down arrow and I go
right to A25322.

David McRitchie has a explanation of what the statusbar can hold:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/statusbar.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Nick Hodge

Is this EN on the taskbar as opposed to the status bar? If so it's the
language installed (EN - English). Clicking on it selecting show language
bar, should show the installed languages, keyboards, etc. and you can delete
any rouge ones

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

gman100 wrote:

Using Excel 2000, keyboard shortcuts no longer work. I notice an "EN" on
the
status bar, so I'm assuming it's related to that. Can anyone assist?

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

If, as Nick has suggested, the EN is on the Taskbar, could be you have Speech
Recognition enabled.

That is, if Excel 2000 has Speech Recognition feature<g

Never used 2000 so just guessing.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP