Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merging data when the primary identifiers have changed order

Hello,

Suppose I have a spreadsheet with a list of names and organizations of
people who have expressed interest in attending a certain workshop. I email
the spreadsheet to a colleague, who follows-up and enters payment information
onto the spreadsheet. In the process, she also eliminates the names of a few
people who are no longer interested. She emails the sheet back to me.
However, I have been continuing to add new names to the original. Is there a
way to import the data from her version such that the information associated
with a given name in her version is placed next to the same name in my
version? (Without copying and pasting everything!)

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Użytkownik "hipodamus" napisał w
wiadomo¶ci ...
Hello,

Suppose I have a spreadsheet with a list of names and organizations of
people who have expressed interest in attending a certain workshop. I
email
the spreadsheet to a colleague, who follows-up and enters payment
information
onto the spreadsheet. In the process, she also eliminates the names of a
few
people who are no longer interested. She emails the sheet back to me.
However, I have been continuing to add new names to the original. Is there
way to import the data from her version such that the information
associated
with a given name in her version is placed next to the same name in my
version? (Without copying and pasting everything!)

Thank you!

Try read (in Excel help) and use Tools-'Share Workbooks' and
Tools-'Compare and Merge Workbooks' options.
Janusz Pawlinka