-   -   merging data when the primary identifiers have changed order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189739-merging-data-when-primary-identifiers-have-changed-order.html)

hipodamus

merging data when the primary identifiers have changed order

Hello,

Suppose I have a spreadsheet with a list of names and organizations of
people who have expressed interest in attending a certain workshop. I email
the spreadsheet to a colleague, who follows-up and enters payment information
onto the spreadsheet. In the process, she also eliminates the names of a few
people who are no longer interested. She emails the sheet back to me.
However, I have been continuing to add new names to the original. Is there a
way to import the data from her version such that the information associated
with a given name in her version is placed next to the same name in my
version? (Without copying and pasting everything!)

Thank you!

Janusz Pawlinka

merging data when the primary identifiers have changed order

Użytkownik "hipodamus" napisał w
wiadomości ...
Hello,

Suppose I have a spreadsheet with a list of names and organizations of
people who have expressed interest in attending a certain workshop. I
email
the spreadsheet to a colleague, who follows-up and enters payment
information
onto the spreadsheet. In the process, she also eliminates the names of a
few
people who are no longer interested. She emails the sheet back to me.
However, I have been continuing to add new names to the original. Is there
way to import the data from her version such that the information
associated
with a given name in her version is placed next to the same name in my
version? (Without copying and pasting everything!)

Thank you!

Try read (in Excel help) and use Tools-'Share Workbooks' and
Tools-'Compare and Merge Workbooks' options.
Janusz Pawlinka