Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 multiple data selection colour

Hi,
I am just starting with 2007. When seklecting, say. A1:a3,C1:C3 the 'shading
to show this is VERY indistinct.
Can I change the default colour so as to make this more obvious?
Thanks

Larry North
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a Windows setting
Right click desktop and change Appearance
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Larry North" wrote in message
I am just starting with 2007. When seklecting, say. A1:a3,C1:C3 the
'shading
to show this is VERY indistinct.
Can I change the default colour so as to make this more obvious?
Thanks

Larry North

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bernard,
I have tried your suggestion without success

Unfortunately this does not appear to be the case; for all my office 2003
apps I can see the multiple selections. So in excel 2003 the selection is
fine. Not in 2007 however.
Could this be a famous MS 'feature', not a bug?

Regards

Larry North

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

This is a Windows setting
Right click desktop and change Appearance
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Larry North" wrote in message
I am just starting with 2007. When seklecting, say. A1:a3,C1:C3 the
'shading
to show this is VERY indistinct.
Can I change the default colour so as to make this more obvious?
Thanks

Larry North

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The indistinct cell shading has been reported ad nauseum.

Maybe next service pack?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

This is a Windows setting
Right click desktop and change Appearance
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Larry North" wrote in message
I am just starting with 2007. When seklecting, say. A1:a3,C1:C3 the
'shading
to show this is VERY indistinct.
Can I change the default colour so as to make this more obvious?
Thanks

Larry North

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We reported that the selection shading was too dark way back during testing.
It never was changed. For some monitors it is less of a problem.

I would expect no relief until the next whole version of Excel.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions