Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Too many word documents, can Excel HELP!!!

I have 14 word documents, many of which have duplicating line items. Some
documents have all line items, some different line items. It is extreamly
hard to keep track of changes made to each document. It is also extreamly
hard to solve input errors. Or at least to keep tract of them. I noticed
some Access databases which can be used as a call center tracting approach.
Was wondering if perhaps Excel could somehow be designed to incorporate these
14 documents and then able to apply filters or do quieries against the data.

Any and all help is apprciated.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have 14 word documents, many of which have duplicating line items.
Some documents have all line items, some different line items. It is
extreamly hard to keep track of changes made to each document. It is
also extreamly hard to solve input errors. Or at least to keep tract
of them. I noticed some Access databases which can be used as a call
center tracting approach. Was wondering if perhaps Excel could
somehow be designed to incorporate these 14 documents and then able to
apply filters or do quieries against the data.

One way is to put each line item in column A as a separate cell, with cell
alignment set to "wrap text." Bear in mind that text in a cell is limited
to 32K characters and only 1024 of them display on the screen. Set up the
"print area" for column A only.

The remaining columns can hold formulas that filter the line items in
different ways. Then,
Data Filter AutoFilter
can be applied to the "filter" columns.

If the documents don't use a lot of MS-Word features, this might be enough.