Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default drop downs

Hi,

I would like to create a list of drop downs in the first column of an excel
spreadsheet. I would like input a list for the drop downs and also have the
icon for the drop down visible in each and every cell.

Thanks....
--
MickM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mick

Look at DataValidation.

In an unused column enter the list of data to be shown in your drop down
field.

Select the cells where the drop down list shall appear.

Goto Data Validation Allow : List Source : select the list entered
above OK

Regards,
Per

"Mick" skrev i meddelelsen

I would like to create a list of drop downs in the first column of an
excel
spreadsheet. I would like input a list for the drop downs and also have
the
icon for the drop down visible in each and every cell.

Thanks....
--
MickM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can create the dropdowns with DataValidationList.

The dropdown arrow will only be visible when you select a cell.

Quoted from Debra Dalgleish's site.................................

Only the active cell on a worksheet will display a data validation dropdown
arrow. To mark cells that contain data validation lists, you can colour the
cells, or add a comment.

If you require visible arrows for all cells that contain lists, you can use
combo boxes instead of data validation, and those arrows will be visible at all
times. To create a combo box, choose View|Toolbars, and select either the
Control Toolbox or the Forms toolbar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP