Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default drop downs

You can create the dropdowns with DataValidationList.

The dropdown arrow will only be visible when you select a cell.

Quoted from Debra Dalgleish's site.................................

Only the active cell on a worksheet will display a data validation dropdown
arrow. To mark cells that contain data validation lists, you can colour the
cells, or add a comment.

If you require visible arrows for all cells that contain lists, you can use
combo boxes instead of data validation, and those arrows will be visible at all
times. To create a combo box, choose View|Toolbars, and select either the
Control Toolbox or the Forms toolbar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 11 May 2008 01:27:01 -0700, Mick wrote:

Hi,

I would like to create a list of drop downs in the first column of an excel
spreadsheet. I would like input a list for the drop downs and also have the
icon for the drop down visible in each and every cell.

Thanks....