Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default referencing drop down menu values in IF-then statements?

I'm trying to use a drop down list to automatically input numbers into two
other cells.

eg

Drop-down menu Price 1 Price 2

what I'd like do is have it so that once I choose an item from the drop down
menu the cells of Price 1 and Price 2 woudl be automatically filled with the
proper number.

any suggestions???

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=LOOKUP(A1,{"Price1","Price2"},{10,20})

Assumes A1 has a dropdown with the two choices.

I don't know where Price 1 and Price 2 cells are located so enter the formula
wherever you deem suitable.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 May 2008 12:38:01 -0700, Powder Coating Mike <Powder Coating
wrote:

I'm trying to use a drop down list to automatically input numbers into two
other cells.

eg

Drop-down menu Price 1 Price 2

what I'd like do is have it so that once I choose an item from the drop down
menu the cells of Price 1 and Price 2 woudl be automatically filled with the
proper number.

any suggestions???

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks so much Biff.. that was exactly the step by step we needed... thantks
Mike

"T. Valko" wrote:

Sounds like you want to build a lookup table. See this:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Powder Coating Mike" <Powder Coating wrote
in message ...
I'm trying to use a drop down list to automatically input numbers into two
other cells.

eg

Drop-down menu Price 1 Price 2

what I'd like do is have it so that once I choose an item from the drop
down
menu the cells of Price 1 and Price 2 woudl be automatically filled with
the
proper number.

any suggestions???

Mike