-   -   referencing drop down menu values in IF-then statements? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/186384-referencing-drop-down-menu-values-if-then-statements.html)

Powder Coating Mike

referencing drop down menu values in IF-then statements?

I'm trying to use a drop down list to automatically input numbers into two
other cells.

eg

Drop-down menu Price 1 Price 2

what I'd like do is have it so that once I choose an item from the drop down
menu the cells of Price 1 and Price 2 woudl be automatically filled with the
proper number.

any suggestions???

Mike

T. Valko

referencing drop down menu values in IF-then statements?

Sounds like you want to build a lookup table. See this:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Powder Coating Mike" <Powder Coating wrote
in message ...
I'm trying to use a drop down list to automatically input numbers into two
other cells.

eg

Drop-down menu Price 1 Price 2

what I'd like do is have it so that once I choose an item from the drop
down
menu the cells of Price 1 and Price 2 woudl be automatically filled with
the
proper number.

any suggestions???

Mike

Gord Dibben

referencing drop down menu values in IF-then statements?

=LOOKUP(A1,{"Price1","Price2"},{10,20})

Assumes A1 has a dropdown with the two choices.

I don't know where Price 1 and Price 2 cells are located so enter the formula
wherever you deem suitable.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 May 2008 12:38:01 -0700, Powder Coating Mike <Powder Coating
wrote:

I'm trying to use a drop down list to automatically input numbers into two
other cells.

eg

Drop-down menu Price 1 Price 2

what I'd like do is have it so that once I choose an item from the drop down
menu the cells of Price 1 and Price 2 woudl be automatically filled with the
proper number.

any suggestions???

Mike

Powder Coating Mike[_2_]

referencing drop down menu values in IF-then statements?

Thanks so much Biff.. that was exactly the step by step we needed... thantks
Mike

"T. Valko" wrote:

[...]

You're welcome!

--