Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
s s is offline

Default right click on the mouse does not work

My right click button to access shortcuts does not work when clicking on the
cells in Excel. I have tried the other ideas listed but they did not work.
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Best guess is that you have some Addin that is taking over your right click.
One possibility is the Essbase addin. Have you had anything installed on your
system recently. Can you give us a list of any third party addins you have
installed.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"S" wrote:

My right click button to access shortcuts does not work when clicking on the
cells in Excel. I have tried the other ideas listed but they did not work.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
s s is offline

Yes, I just had the Essbase addin put on my computer. Does this mean that
the right click will not work anymore?

"S" wrote:

My right click button to access shortcuts does not work when clicking on the
cells in Excel. I have tried the other ideas listed but they did not work.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Essbase - Options - Global - Uncheck "Enable Secondary Button"

This is a wonderful feature that allows you to pivot your essbase data by
dragging and dropping the members between rows and columns. The problem is
that it takes over your ability to right click.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"S" wrote:

My right click button to access shortcuts does not work when clicking on the
cells in Excel. I have tried the other ideas listed but they did not work.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you know of any other excel functionality that is lost when installing
essbase and if there is any way to regain it, other than killing essbase. It
is very annoying that you cannot double click a cell to copy it down to the
bottom of a list.

"S" wrote:

My right click button to access shortcuts does not work when clicking on the
cells in Excel. I have tried the other ideas listed but they did not work.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Richard,

It seems the program may have mucked up the "enable fill handle and cell
frag and drop" editing option.
Check your editing settings (in Advanced in Vs 7). I've forgotten where in
previous versions - probably under toolsoptions??

Rob