cbrasted

Default Add cell value with mouse click

I want to create a counter, so that every time I click in a certain cell it
takes the existing number and adds "1" to it. Is there any way to do this?
I'm compiling statistical information, and need to get cumulative counts in
various categories as I sort through the data.
Biff

Hi!

Maybe you can use a spinner button for this.

Right click any toolbar then select Forms. Click on the spinner button ( it
looks like an up arrow on top of a down arrow).

Place it near the cell you want increment. Once you have it placed and sized
right click on it and select Format Control. Fill in the appropriate values
and you should be good to go. The cell link would be the cell that you want
to increment.

Biff

"cbrasted" wrote in message
I want to create a counter, so that every time I click in a certain cell it
takes the existing number and adds "1" to it. Is there any way to do this?
I'm compiling statistical information, and need to get cumulative counts
in
various categories as I sort through the data.

Gord Dibben

You could use a Spinner from the Forms Toolbar or worksheet_change event code.

For the event code, see JE McGimpsey's site. Look at the caveats also.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP