Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bec Bec is offline

Default Problem w/Sharing Wookbooks

We have Access, Excel, and Word contained in one folder for our group on a
server, so that we can all access our group's documents. I've had no
problems with Access or Word; however, Excel has been a real pill.
Occasionally, I have to update a shared workbook; however, when I do, my
co-worker doesn't see my changes, and vice-versa--I don't see her changes.
When we work on a Word documents (several drafts), the changes are immediate
and we all can see them when we open the docs. What is the problem with
Excel? Is there an option that we need to select to make work sheet changes
visible to all? We have had this problem for a long while--it is not going
away. We are using Microsofe Office 2003. Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click TOOLS in the menu, click SHARE WORKBOOK and then click the ADVANCED tab.

By default, Excel doesn't do an update to the file on save. Set the update
to save automatically every x minutes.

This should help somewhat.

Hope this helps...
--
Kevin Backmann

"Bec" wrote:

We have Access, Excel, and Word contained in one folder for our group on a
server, so that we can all access our group's documents. I've had no
problems with Access or Word; however, Excel has been a real pill.
Occasionally, I have to update a shared workbook; however, when I do, my
co-worker doesn't see my changes, and vice-versa--I don't see her changes.
When we work on a Word documents (several drafts), the changes are immediate
and we all can see them when we open the docs. What is the problem with
Excel? Is there an option that we need to select to make work sheet changes
visible to all? We have had this problem for a long while--it is not going
away. We are using Microsofe Office 2003. Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bec Bec is offline

Both of us went into tools, "shared" the workbook, then even rebooted our PCs
(thinking that might help). Still can't see each others changes. I did find
out that I am using Office 11/Excel; she is using Excel 2003. Maybe the
problem is because we are using two different versions of Excel????? Anyway,
we are still stuck.