Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Calculations in Sharepoint 2007

I am experiencing a problem with my teams new SharePoint 2007 site that I am
hoping someone can speak too.

Basically what is happening is I am receiving an error message when building
€˜cross spreadsheet calculations for Excel 2007 spreadsheets. For example,
spreadsheet A is running a calculation for spreadsheet B where both are
posted to the same SharePoint 2007 site/document library. When both
documents are physically open, there is no issue, the calculations work and
update as expected. However, when just one is open, the calculations fail
and return a €˜value error in the spreadsheet.

What I am doing is holding data in 5 separate spreadsheets while 1 acts as
an €˜audit document to pull data from the other 5. When the calculations
were first mapped the €˜path was auto built and did not include the full
€˜url reference to the site/document library. When I go back and open just
the audit document, the €˜short reference is gone and a full url reference is
populated (which is expected). However, I still receive an error that is not
fixable. Something that came to mind is that the file reference is not
correct. Typically, when there are spaces between words for a
document/library there is a (%20) that designates the €˜space value for the
reference. In the formula the url location does not have this for the 1
space that exists in the document library reference. However, when I hand
build that in, it reverts back to the reference €˜without the %20.