Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PK PK is offline

Default Automatic alerts in excel

I am trying to create a data base for training. I would like to place a date
for which some one attended a course in cell C3 and then when a refresher is
required the date of for which the qualfication is due to expire will appear
in cell F3. however I would like the cell to remain blac until 3 months
before it is due.

E.G.
Cell C3 contains 25 March 07 and the qualification required a yearley
refresher. Therefore in December 07 I would like the date 25 March 08 to
appear reminding me a refresher course is due.

When the date passes if the due date passes I would then like the words
OVERDUE to appear.

I did get some usefull advice however I cant seem to get it to work.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

how about in B1 is the current date, C3 is the date the course was taken and
in F3 is a reminder that you want to show about a year later if C3 and B1 are
3 months or more apart. Put the dates in B1, C3 and the formula in F3 of
=if(b1-c3<90,"",c3+365)
issues - may be a Sat or Sun , this does not capture leap year, and 90 days
may be different than 3 month?
short cut though

good luck

"PK" wrote:

I am trying to create a data base for training. I would like to place a date
for which some one attended a course in cell C3 and then when a refresher is
required the date of for which the qualfication is due to expire will appear
in cell F3. however I would like the cell to remain blac until 3 months
before it is due.

E.G.
Cell C3 contains 25 March 07 and the qualification required a yearley
refresher. Therefore in December 07 I would like the date 25 March 08 to
appear reminding me a refresher course is due.

When the date passes if the due date passes I would then like the words
OVERDUE to appear.

I did get some usefull advice however I cant seem to get it to work.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

the TRUE says to me the formula has something wrong, check to make sure you
have comma's and double quotes right