Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I need to retain the formatting from a different part of a spreads

Excel 2002. Yikes! I'm very rusty and I'm trying to retain the formatting
from a part of the spreadsheet so that when I copy items from other areas and
paste them into the initial part of the spreadsheet the formatting is
automatically changed.
We keep a list at the bottom of the spreadsheet and once upon a time the
formatting was correct... someone went in and flubbed it up!
Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If instead of a <copy/<paste you do do <copy then Edit | Paste
Special | Values (check) | OK then you will not overwrite the formats
that are there. However, it seems like yours have been overwritten, so
I don't know what else you can do but to re-instate them as you would
like them. If you have the correct formats elsewhere, then you can
<copy those, move cursor to where you want to change them and use
Edit | Paste Special | Formats (check) | OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete