Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to sort data in data area in a pivot table

I have a large data file, I did sales $ report in a pivot table by custmer.
Is it a way to sort custmer by their sales $?

Sales $ is in data area, customer is in row area, we want to sort it like
the report on right side below.

Customer Sales Customer Sales
A 1000 C 20
B 5000 A 1000
C 20 B 5000
6020 6020

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Holly" wrote:

I have a large data file, I did sales $ report in a pivot table by custmer.
Is it a way to sort custmer by their sales $?

Sales $ is in data area, customer is in row area, we want to sort it like
the report on right side below.

Customer Sales Customer Sales
A 1000 C 20
B 5000 A 1000
C 20 B 5000
6020 6020

If you are using Excel 2003, right click on the gray header box for customer
and choose field settings. Then choose advanced. Select Ascending and
choose Sales$ from the dropdown menu.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PMU PMU is offline

Hi Holly,
Yes, you can do this. Go to the wizard and double click on the row or column
that you want to sort by. Don't use what's in the central data field. If you
click on the row or column field, you'll get a pop up menu that will look
like the formatting area. But here, you'll have a button that says
"advanced". Click on advanced and you'll get a new menu. IN the lower left,
you'll see a sorting option with a drop down that will allow you to select
the specific central data field you want to sort. You can click manual,
ascending and descending. It's very handy.