Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filling Data automatically

In say column A and B I have the following:

Jan 1
1
1
1
Feb 2
2
2

How can I automatically fill Jan for all the cells till it gets to Feb and
then Feb for the remaining cells?

Please help!!

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put your cursor somewhere in those cells, then press F5 (GoTo), click
on Special then click on Current Region. Then press F5 again, Special
again, and click on Blanks. This should have highlighted the blanks,
with A2 being the active cell of the highlighted range. Then begin to
enter a formula by typing =, then click on A1, then do CTRL-Enter, and
you will have the month names filled into the blanks.

Hope this helps.

Pete