Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filling a cell automatically when data is put in another cell.

You need to tell us what the function returns that woiuld lead you not to
count it as being 'the last data used'.

Various ways to do what you ask, but we have to know what criteria you use
to ignore the results of a function, ie perhaps it returns a blank, or a 0
etc.

Assuming your function returns a blank if 'data not used' then something like

=LOOKUP(99^99,C4:C8)

might do you.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

----------

"Alex s" wrote:

A created a schedule where I input data in cells B4-B28 and B4-Y4. I used a
function to copy the data from the previous cell from the previous column
(ex. C5 is copied from B4, D5 copied from C4, E5 from D4 and so on...)
I want D9 to check the previous rows in the previous column and used the
last data that was used. I want D9 to check to see if C8 has data and if it
doesn't then check C7, then C6, then C5, and C4. Lets just say the C4-C6 has
data, I want D9 to automatically use the data from C6, which is the last cell
with data. Keep in mind that C4-C8 already are using a function. If anybody
has an answer i would really appreciate it. And if you have a question, I'll
be more than gladly to try to explain it better. Thanks.