Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lost Spreadsheet

Recently I downloaded the trial version of Office 2007. My wife had been
doing our budget using Excel. I uninstalled the trial the other evening and
reinstalled an earlier version of Office. When she opened the budget this
morning it had reverted back to when we had been using the earlier version of
the software. We had the budget done through November of 2008, now we have
only data from about mid-February. When working on the budget it took several
hours to complete. Is there anyway to get the file back?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 files will be something like xlsx. Earlier versions will be xls.
In what format did you save the most recent data? Did you save it in an
earlier Excel format so that you'd be able to read it in the older version?
If you have saved it in Excel 2007 format you can download a Compatibility
Pack from Microsoft to enable you to read the Excel 2007 file into your
earlier version.

Use Windows Explorer to look for the relevant xls and xlsx files and check
the dates.
--
David Biddulph