Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannot copy worksheet within one workbook

I got one workbook from overseas colleague and it NOT protected, no Macros in
it. But I cannot copy the worksheets either within it or to other workbooks.
I have tried Ctr+ mouse move, and right click--Move or copy.

have you anyone known what happened?

thks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And you're sure that the workbook is not protected (not the worksheet)???

You may want to double check that.

If that's not the problem, maybe some more details of how it fails would prove
helpful.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Dave,

I can confirm it is NOT caused by workbook protection.

Every time, when I right click on worksheet name tab and select "Move or
Copy...", it is won't work if "Create a copy" was selected. Nothing will
happen. But with "Create a copy" unchecked, I can move the tab to everywhere,
both within workbook or other workbook.

I can actually insert a new worksheet and copy paste within the same
workbook to get the things done, but just do not know why worksheet copying
is not working.

thks

Binyaaust wrote:

I got one workbook from overseas colleague and it NOT protected, no Macros in
it. But I cannot copy the worksheets either within it or to other workbooks.
I have tried Ctr+ mouse move, and right click--Move or copy.

have you anyone known what happened?

thks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is it just a single workbook that has this problem or is it all workbooks?

If you start excel in safe mode
close excel
windows start button|Run
type:
run
and hit enter

Does it work?

Yep, I don't have any real guesses.

Binyaaust wrote:

I got one workbook from overseas colleague and it NOT protected, no Macros in
it. But I cannot copy the worksheets either within it or to other workbooks.
I have tried Ctr+ mouse move, and right click--Move or copy.

have you anyone known what happened?

thks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
I am having the same issue and I have googled for hours, went through
VBA project explorer really thoroughly, disabled all the add-ins and
even ran Excel in safe mode.... all of this with no result.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards, Vlad

Binyaaust wrote:

I got one workbook from overseas colleague and it NOT protected, no Macros in
it. But Icannotcopythe worksheets either within it or to other workbooks.
I have tried Ctr+ mouse move, and right click--Move orcopy.

have you anyone known what happened?

thks

--

Dave Peterson