Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BCN BCN is offline

Default Change named cells and keep the links

Hi!

I would like to know if there is any way to change the name of an allready
named cell without modifing the links.

example:

B6 is named 'green' and is =2

then if write in another cell, for example C7, =green+1 instead of writing
=b6+1

if I change the B6 name 'green' for 'chair' how can I make that all the
related cells, C7 for example, change 'green' for 'chair'.

I wish my doubt is clear.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BCN BCN is offline

Thanks Tom!

"Tom Hutchins" wrote:

One way...

Select all the cells on the sheet (press Ctrl+A).
Select Replace from the Edit Menu.
Find what: green
Replace with: chair
Click Replace All, then Close.

If you have formulas referencing green on other sheets, you will have to
change them also.