Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel crash reload close

Why do any of the Microsoft applications crash & reload after I close them?
It's annoying to close a document and have to close it again after it reboots.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have been using MS Office products for years through 5 versions of Windows OS
and 5 versions of Office.

Crashing is a very rare event and in 99% of cases was user-induced.

Keep your computer cleaned up......temp folders and TIF folders cleaned
regularly. An occasional de-frag and spyware scan can do wonders.

LavaSoft Ad-Aware
Spybot Search and Destroy
SuperAntiSpyware
HijackThis!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:48:00 -0700, 302blue_eyes
wrote:

Why do any of the Microsoft applications crash & reload after I close them?
It's annoying to close a document and have to close it again after it reboots.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord, I saw this recently.

http://gizmodo.com/373076/nvidia-res...rashes-in-2007

Maybe MS (and the user <vbg) shouldn't be blamed for 99% of crashes--at least
not in Vista.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave.

Not yet using Vista or Office 2007 so can't speak for them.

Looks like Vista does have its problems.

Reading many posts on windowsxp.general in the vein of "how do I go back to XP
from the piece-of-crap Vista"?

Gord

wrote:

Why do any of the Microsoft applications crash & reload after I close them?
It's annoying to close a document and have to close it again after it reboots.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just saw a link to this, too. I haven't used it.

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-990...&subj=NewsBlog

which uses:
http://www.gregorybraun.com/MSWinErr.html

wrote:

Why do any of the Microsoft applications crash & reload after I close them?
It's annoying to close a document and have to close it again after it reboots.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 30, 1:48*am, 302blue_eyes
wrote:
Why do any of the Microsoft applicationscrash& reload after I close them?
It's annoying to close a document and have to close it again after it reboots.

Hi,

Did this problem lead to corruption of your excel files? If so, you
may try Advanced Excel Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/ This
tool is rather useful in salvaging damaged Excel xls files.

Hope this will help.

Alan