Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to reload Excel-- no longer have the cd program?

My computer came preloaded with MS Office from Dell. I either did not have
or have lost the Office CD for reload. How can I reload Excel? I have the
license serial number.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You do not reload Excel without a CD.

You will most likely have to go through your retailer or Dell to get a
replacement CD.

On the other hand........you may get lucky at Microsoft.

Have read at this site for replacing lost or damaged disks.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;en-us;326246

Take note of the instructions concerning OEM products.

Since Dell has not "gone out of business" I think MS will direct you to your
retailer or Dell.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:03:01 -0700, Chris
wrote:

My computer came preloaded with MS Office from Dell. I either did not have
or have lost the Office CD for reload. How can I reload Excel? I have the
license serial number.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will need the product key and the media.

Dell usually supply media and if you can evidence licence, they or your
local MS subsidiary will provide the media (Maybe a small handling charge
will be levied)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Chris" wrote in message
My computer came preloaded with MS Office from Dell. I either did not
have
or have lost the Office CD for reload. How can I reload Excel? I have
the
license serial number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks very the quick reply!