Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup that returns vector(array)

I have on eproblem. I have a table that contains two columns. One is type of
product(I have 6 different products)and another is quality characteristic for
those products. I need some function that can look at the first column and
returns vector with the values just for one type of product. If that is
possible I would then use that vector to put in countif function in order to
get percentages of different product ranges for that characteristic.
--
You`re going to rip just what you`ve saw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried sumif and I get one value. I only did first part of the
equation(SUMIF(A2:A20,5490,D2:D20). Excel summed the corresponding values of
desired items from first column which is good step, because desired values
were recognized. But I don€št want to sum them I want to get vector vector
with all values that match the criteria. If you have any other idea please
reply.

"BOB77" wrote in message
I have on eproblem. I have a table that contains two columns. One is type
of
product(I have 6 different products)and another is quality characteristic
for
those products. I need some function that can look at the first column and
returns vector with the values just for one type of product. If that is
possible I would then use that vector to put in countif function in order
get percentages of different product ranges for that characteristic.
--
You`re going to rip just what you`ve saw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You said you were going to use it in a formula to get the percentage so I
gave it all to you in one formula.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"BOB77" wrote in message
I tried sumif and I get one value. I only did first part of the
equation(SUMIF(A2:A20,5490,D2:D20). Excel summed the corresponding values
of
desired items from first column which is good step, because desired values
were recognized. But I don,t want to sum them I want to get vector vector

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Something like

=SUMIF(A2:A20,5490,D2:D20)/SUM(D2:D20)

--