Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default why can't I aks a question or reply

This is not directly an excel question. Often, when I log on to this
discussion group (or one of the other office discussion groups), the box that
will allow me to ask a question or reply will not come up. It's got nothing
to do with my firewall settings. I can turn the firewall off completely and
it still won't work. Any ideas? Sometimes this will go on for several days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joining here has nothing to do with Excel. It has to do with your news
reader, such as Outlook Express or Agent Forte or a Browser or whatever.
There is no button in Excel to "login or logout" of newsgroups.

Tyro

"lindalou" wrote in message
This is not directly an excel question. Often, when I log on to this
discussion group (or one of the other office discussion groups), the box
that
will allow me to ask a question or reply will not come up. It's got
nothing
to do with my firewall settings. I can turn the firewall off completely
and
it still won't work. Any ideas? Sometimes this will go on for several
days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tyro,

Possibly we are talking about two different things. I thought the OP said
he could not ask a question and post it to the group. I must be signed in on
mine to open the question/reply box.

Bob

PS Tyro helped me once before. I posted a request for VBA help "Begging for
VBA Help ASAP!" a little before this OP's. Might you have a look at my
problem?

Bob

"lindalou" wrote in message
This is not directly an excel question. Often, when I log on to this
discussion group (or one of the other office discussion groups), the box
that
will allow me to ask a question or reply will not come up. It's got
nothing
to do with my firewall settings. I can turn the firewall off completely
and
it still won't work. Any ideas? Sometimes this will go on for several
days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, I tried to reply a couple minutes ago, and once again could not. Bob is
right about what I want to do.

I am using internet explorer, whatever the latest version is. I will hit
"reply" or "agree" to a response. Then, the box will pop up asking me to sign
in. It will (usually) have my i.d. filled in. I always have to fill in my
password (with everything MS-related), even if I check "SAve ID and password."

This time, I signed OUT after signing in and being unable to reply. Then, I
hit Reply again, got the sign-in box, and, voila, suddenly I'm able to reply.
Is that why it works now? I don't know, because other times, after a long
period, I'm able to reply after sigining in.

I am using zone alarm as my firewall. Again, this seems to happen completely
randomly.

Any ideas?
thanks.

"lindalou" wrote in message
This is not directly an excel question. Often, when I log on to this
discussion group (or one of the other office discussion groups), the box
that
will allow me to ask a question or reply will not come up. It's got
nothing
to do with my firewall settings. I can turn the firewall off completely
and
it still won't work. Any ideas? Sometimes this will go on for several
days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:55:00 -0700, lindalou
wrote:

Any ideas?
thanks.

Quit using the buggy Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

You do have Outlook Express available as a news reader.

Or use a third-party reader like Forte Agent or similar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP