Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lindalou lindalou is offline

Default why can't I aks a question or reply

Well, I tried to reply a couple minutes ago, and once again could not. Bob is
right about what I want to do.

I am using internet explorer, whatever the latest version is. I will hit
"reply" or "agree" to a response. Then, the box will pop up asking me to sign
in. It will (usually) have my i.d. filled in. I always have to fill in my
password (with everything MS-related), even if I check "SAve ID and password."

This time, I signed OUT after signing in and being unable to reply. Then, I
hit Reply again, got the sign-in box, and, voila, suddenly I'm able to reply.
Is that why it works now? I don't know, because other times, after a long
period, I'm able to reply after sigining in.

I am using zone alarm as my firewall. Again, this seems to happen completely
randomly.

Any ideas?
thanks.

"robert morris" wrote:

Tyro,

Possibly we are talking about two different things. I thought the OP said
he could not ask a question and post it to the group. I must be signed in on
mine to open the question/reply box.

Bob

PS Tyro helped me once before. I posted a request for VBA help "Begging for
VBA Help ASAP!" a little before this OP's. Might you have a look at my
problem?

Bob

"Tyro" wrote:

Joining here has nothing to do with Excel. It has to do with your news
reader, such as Outlook Express or Agent Forte or a Browser or whatever.
There is no button in Excel to "login or logout" of newsgroups.

Tyro

"lindalou" wrote in message
This is not directly an excel question. Often, when I log on to this
discussion group (or one of the other office discussion groups), the box
that
will allow me to ask a question or reply will not come up. It's got
nothing
to do with my firewall settings. I can turn the firewall off completely
and
it still won't work. Any ideas? Sometimes this will go on for several
days.