Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Viewing Cell Data

I just downloaded a Loan Amortization Schedule template. When I enter data in
the cells, I can only see it if I highlight the cells. How do I make the data
alway appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I downloaded the loan amortization schedule template from MS Office online.
It is this one:
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...CT101172751033

"Tyro" wrote:

I have no idea. You don't state what template you downloaded and from where
you downloaded it so that someone could look at it. We are not mind readers.

Tyro

"Jeff" <Jeff @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I just downloaded a Loan Amortization Schedule template. When I enter data
in
the cells, I can only see it if I highlight the cells. How do I make the
data
alway appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jeff

Generally a good idea to post the URL of the Template in question.

There are a few of them.

I will assume this one................

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101172751033

Where are you entering data? Which cells?

Should be entering at the top in column D rows 6 through 13 under the "Enter
Values" category.

I have no problem seeing what I enter in those cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:15:00 -0700, Jeff <Jeff @discussions.microsoft.com
wrote:

I just downloaded a Loan Amortization Schedule template. When I enter data in
the cells, I can only see it if I highlight the cells. How do I make the data
alway appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, absolutely not. The worksheet calculates those cells for you. D4 says
"Enter values", you enter the values in D5:D10 and all other cells are
calculated for you.
Tell me what you're entering in D5:D10

Tyro

wrote:

I just downloaded a Loan Amortization Schedule template. When I enter
data in
the cells, I can only see it if I highlight the cells. How do I make
the
data
alway appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found my problem. I was using 0% in cell D7 which I guess is an invalid
value. I entered 1% in D7 and the calculations were all entered into the
remaining cells. Thank you all for your help.

wrote:

I just downloaded a Loan Amortization Schedule template. When I enter
data in
the cells, I can only see it if I highlight the cells. How do I make the
data
alway appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

D7 is "loan period in years".

Maybe you meant D6?

Whatever the case, sounds like you're sorted out.

Thanks for letting us know what your solution was.

Your original description of the problem was not quite what was happening..

I just downloaded a Loan Amortization Schedule template. When I enter
data in
the cells, I can only see it if I highlight the cells. How do I make the
data
alway appear?

You could see the data you were entering, just couldn't see the results of the
formulas.

Gord