Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with viewing data - Excel XP

This is possible, but I think you want to take a look at pivot tables.

Here's a link with some information about them:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqPivot.html

It sounds like the data on your second sheet is formatted to use a pivot
table.

To create one, go to the second sheet, then go to the Data menu and select
Pivot table. Follow the steps in the dialog box and play around with it.
It's fairly intuitive.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Dave" wrote:

I want to create a SS with 2 sheets. The first sheet is a list of all
locations (like cites) and a summary number (like total sales) and the second
sheet is the detail of those sales.

The hope is that if I click the on the first sheet city I can view filtered
detail of that cities data.

I hope this makes sense.

Can anyone get me started or is this not possible in excel. I don't even
know the correct way to ask this.

Thanks

Dave