Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RKS RKS is offline

Default Dropdown

Hi
I have A,B & C column. In Col A I can use dropdown list and In col B In can
enter some TEXT. I need In column C I can write formula

In Column C =IF(A1"","",CONCATENATE(A1" ",TRIM(B1)))

Please tell me, If any other way because now I can use 3 col. It is possible
for other ways in col A or B
PLease Tell me
Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can write =IF(A1"","",CONCATENATE(A1" ",TRIM(B1))) but it wouldn't be a
formula, and Excel will tell you that there are errors. Excel help will
tell you what the syntax of the functions you are using should be.

You may have intended something like =IF(A1="","",CONCATENATE(A1,"
",TRIM(B1))) and you need to be aware that symbols like equals signs and
commas are significant.

I don't understand what you mean when you say:
"Please tell me, If any other way because now I can use 3 col. It is
possible for other ways in col A or B" , so you are going to needd to
explain your question in more detail.
--
David Biddulph

"RKS" wrote in message
Hi
I have A,B & C column. In Col A I can use dropdown list and In col B In
can
enter some TEXT. I need In column C I can write formula

In Column C =IF(A1"","",CONCATENATE(A1" ",TRIM(B1)))

Please tell me, If any other way because now I can use 3 col. It is
possible
for other ways in col A or B
PLease Tell me
Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RKS RKS is offline

Thanks David
I mean that i am not wants using 3 column. It is possible I can write any
text in col B and its display (Col A+Col B Text) in Col A which we using
dropdown. or any other way I dont want use A,B & C column.

Now u understand what i wants.

Thanks
RKS