Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Limiting choices

I have a product that can have four components in it, but there are nine
options. Is there a way to write a formula to limit the other options once
one has been picked? Example would be if I have a fruit basket and customers
can pick 4 items to fill it. They have the choice of 0 to 4 Bananas, 0 to 2
Apples, 0 to 4 Oranges, 0 to 2 Peaches, and 0 to 4 Kiwis. If the customer
picks 2 Apples and 1 Kiwi, I want to be able to limit everything else to 0-1
so the customer will not be tempted to pick something like 3 Bananas. Is
this something that can be done and if so, how would you go about it? Thanks
for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try Debra Dalgleish's page at:
Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists
--
Max
Singapore