-   -   Limiting choices (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180363-limiting-choices.html)

Cerberus

Limiting choices

I have a product that can have four components in it, but there are nine
options. Is there a way to write a formula to limit the other options once
one has been picked? Example would be if I have a fruit basket and customers
can pick 4 items to fill it. They have the choice of 0 to 4 Bananas, 0 to 2
Apples, 0 to 4 Oranges, 0 to 2 Peaches, and 0 to 4 Kiwis. If the customer
picks 2 Apples and 1 Kiwi, I want to be able to limit everything else to 0-1
so the customer will not be tempted to pick something like 3 Bananas. Is
this something that can be done and if so, how would you go about it? Thanks
for any help.

Max

Limiting choices

Try Debra Dalgleish's page at:
Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists
--
Max
Singapore