nowfal

Default limiting cell value

Hi,
I have a Foreign currency bill making sheet. In that I would like
to sort the following problem
----- I----------------- J -------- ------ K
----------------------- L ----------------- M
PURCHASE/SALE-------
FCY----------QUANTITY------------------RATE-------------LOCALY CRRNCY
in the fourth colomn(L-RATE)) there is vlookup formula that brought the
currency rate from the RATE sheet. The formula is
=IF(ISNA((VLOOKUP(J2,RATE!$A$1:C$32,IF(I2="P",2,3) ,FALSE))),"",VLOOKUP(J2,RATE!$A$1:C$32,IF(I2="P",2 ,3),FALSE))

Now i wanted to give the rate colomn some control limit by giving
either if formula or some conditional formula . ie. If 'I' colomn is
P(purchase),'J'colomn is USD, the 'L' colomn gets by vlook
formula(above mentioned) as the rate 386. Now i can change the rate to
any value, even zero also possible.

Here is, my question: how can i prevent that 'L' colomn between 384
and 386 (any rate between that is ok) but cell should not accept less
than 384 or more than 386.

I know this is bit complicated issue. Still I know there are masters in
this group they can make impossibles(what i think) to possible.

Any suggestions or ideas are heartly welcome.
thanks and regards
NOWFAL

--
nowfal
nowfal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10003

hideki

Does "data validation" not working in your case?

Go to menu - Data - Input validation(?)
At "settings" tab, select integer as your input type.
Set your criteria here.

--
hideki
hideki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18903

nowfal

Hi Hideki,
Thanks for the reply. But data validation will be
difficult b coz there are 32 currencies, how can i give the formula ,
if J2 is USD then the rate is between 384 and 386. Hope will get some
idea near future.
by
nowfal