Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula for calculating time off

My company is going to a PTO or Paid time off program and employees
will start to ecru time bas3ed on years of service. I am having
difficulty creating a spreadsheet to do this becasue of all of the
variables involved. I was hoping maybe you woudl have some ideas here
that I could poach.
Here are the variables. It is all based on calendar years. So if a
person started in 2007 on 12-30, as of 1-1-2007 they woudl be at the
rate of 1 year since this is when their anniversary falls. Not only
are people ecruing time, but there is also a max time that they can
have. I will put in a crude table to expalin.

Years Weekly Accrual Max hrs

Then people will use time out of this banked time. I have formulas
that will put the time in, but will not change for the next years
eccrual rate.

Please Help,
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have to point this out, so apologies if it sounds pedantic, but it is
accrue, accrual, accruing.

I think we are missing the details, but here are some questions.

Do you want to calculate from a start date or have you worked out the years
and week from that start date already?

I assume that 1.538461538 is the weekly increment

What about part weeks? What about if they start part way through a week?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"jlclyde" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Accrue, not ecru. Ecru is a color. A good mnemonic to remember the
difference is he http://www.answers.com/ecru&r=67

"jlclyde" wrote in message

My company is going to a PTO or Paid time off program and employees
will start to ecru time bas3ed on years of service. *I am having
difficulty creating a spreadsheet to do this becasue of all of the
variables involved. *I was hoping maybe you woudl have some ideas here
that I could poach.
Here are the variables. *It is all based on calendar years. *So if a
person started in 2007 on 12-30, as of 1-1-2007 they woudl be at the
rate of 1 year since this is when their anniversary falls. *Not only
are people ecruing time, but there is also a max time that they can
have. *I will put in a crude table to expalin.

Years Weekly Accrual Max hrs

Then people will use time out of this banked time. *I have formulas
that will put the time in, but will not change for the next years
eccrual rate.

Please Help,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 14, 8:14*am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
I have to point this out, so apologies if it sounds pedantic, but it is
accrue, accrual, accruing.

I think we are missing the details, but here are some questions.

Do you want to calculate from a start date or have you worked out the years
and week from that start date already?

I assume that 1.538461538 is the weekly increment

What about part weeks? What about if they start part way through a week?

--
---
HTH

Bob

Bob,
First of all I am sorry for the terrible spelling. Secondly, There
are 2 start dates. There is going to be the persons start date with
the company and the second start date is going to be the 1st of June.
June is when we are going to start the program. So we need to know
the number of years that a person worked so that they are accruing at
the right rate.

You are correct to assume that the 1.53 number is the weekly accrual
rate.
If a person starts in the middle of the week the person accrues the
full amount for the week. The accruals go in on Sundays.

Thanks for your time,
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 14, 9:17*am, jlclyde wrote:
[...]

I was wondering if anyone had thought about this over the weekend and
came up with something terrific. I thought about it but had gotten no
where.
Jay