Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jlclyde jlclyde is offline

Default Formula for calculating time off

On Mar 14, 9:17*am, jlclyde wrote:
On Mar 14, 8:14*am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

I have to point this out, so apologies if it sounds pedantic, but it is
accrue, accrual, accruing.

I think we are missing the details, but here are some questions.

Do you want to calculate from a start date or have you worked out the years
and week from that start date already?

I assume that 1.538461538 is the weekly increment

What about part weeks? What about if they start part way through a week?

--
---
HTH

Bob

Bob,
First of all I am sorry for the terrible spelling. *Secondly, There
are 2 start dates. *There is going to be the persons start date with
the company and the second start date is going to be the 1st of June.
June is when we are going to start the program. *So we need to know
the number of years that a person worked so that they are accruing at
the right rate.

You are correct to assume that the 1.53 number is the weekly accrual
rate.
If a person starts in the middle of the week the person accrues the
full amount for the week. *The accruals go in on Sundays.

Thanks for your time,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

I was wondering if anyone had thought about this over the weekend and
came up with something terrific. I thought about it but had gotten no
where.
Jay