Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F[_2_] Dave F[_2_] is offline

Default Formula for calculating time off

Accrue, not ecru. Ecru is a color. A good mnemonic to remember the
difference is he http://www.answers.com/ecru&r=67

On Mar 14, 9:14*am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
I have to point this out, so apologies if it sounds pedantic, but it is
accrue, accrual, accruing.

I think we are missing the details, but here are some questions.

Do you want to calculate from a start date or have you worked out the years
and week from that start date already?

I assume that 1.538461538 is the weekly increment

What about part weeks? What about if they start part way through a week?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"jlclyde" wrote in message

My company is going to a PTO or Paid time off program and employees
will start to ecru time bas3ed on years of service. *I am having
difficulty creating a spreadsheet to do this becasue of all of the
variables involved. *I was hoping maybe you woudl have some ideas here
that I could poach.
Here are the variables. *It is all based on calendar years. *So if a
person started in 2007 on 12-30, as of 1-1-2007 they woudl be at the
rate of 1 year since this is when their anniversary falls. *Not only
are people ecruing time, but there is also a max time that they can
have. *I will put in a crude table to expalin.

Years Weekly Accrual Max hrs

Then people will use time out of this banked time. *I have formulas
that will put the time in, but will not change for the next years
eccrual rate.

Please Help,
Jay- Hide quoted text -