Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grand Totals

I created a grand totals row using autosum and saved it in a macro. My
problem is that when I use the macro on table of different sizes, the grand
totals are always created on the same row number. Is there another way to
get grand totals without using subtotals?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When using Data | Subtotals you have to specify "For each change in
"... column xyz. Instead, you can obtain a unique list of all the
values in that column (easily done with Advanced Filters, and usually
better placed in a different sheet), then you can use SUMIF formulae
to summarise the data in a separate table. More complex summaries can
be obtained using SUMPRODUCT formulae, or array formulae along the
lines of SUM(IF( ...

I find this far more useful than the in-built sub-totalling feature.

Hope this helps.

Pete