Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Use of Combined IF and AND statements

I have a situation where I want to apply the following argument

If A1 isn't blank and if A1 equals A2, put the value from C1 in D1.

If blank, enter ""

How do i combine or 'nest' the IF and the AND statements? Just for future
reference can I have several "AND's" in a row?

Thanks. I know this is "kindergarten" stuff but I can't find it in the
Excel help file and I need to set this up.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this formula in D1:

=IF(AND(A1<"",A1=A2),C1,"")

can I have several "AND's" in a row?

Yes

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ConfusedNHouston" wrote in
message ...
I have a situation where I want to apply the following argument

If A1 isn't blank and if A1 equals A2, put the value from C1 in D1.

If blank, enter ""

How do i combine or 'nest' the IF and the AND statements? Just for future
reference can I have several "AND's" in a row?

Thanks. I know this is "kindergarten" stuff but I can't find it in the
Excel help file and I need to set this up.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This may work for you. Put this in D1:

=IF(AND(A1<"",A1=A2),C1,"")

Tyro